The Wichita Falls Runners Club (WFRC) was founded in 1978 to promote the spirit of running and fitness in Wichita Falls and the surrounding area. Today that spirit is alive and well thanks to our members.
With the WFRC, running is all about fitness and fun! We have a wide range of members of every distance and speed ranging from the casual walkers to the recreational runners to the hardcore racers… everyone is welcome.
The club is very active with all types of running and walking activites in the community. There are regular running groups several times a week, monthly meetings, guest speakers, fun runs, picnics, organized races, running trips and plenty of fun for all!
ACTIVITIES AND BENEFITS:
- Weekly group runs on Tue & Thu evenings at 6pm from Sikes Lake at MSU (5:30pm in the winter)
- Morning runs on Mon & Wed mornings at 6am from Sikes Lake at MSU
- Weekend “donut” runs – check our facebook page to see what is going on
- Seasonal running series – Spring Run Series, Fall Home Runs, etc.
- Annual WFRC Sponsored running events – Dam Run, etc.
- Receive $5 discount off of WFRC events and discounts on other select local events
- Annual banquet, spring picnic, summer lake party and Christmas party
- Monthly meetings – Normally the 3rd Thursday at 6pm
- Bi-monthly e-newsletter with info about upcoming events, etc.
Many of the members also travel as a group to area events including: Cowtown Marathon/10K (February), Muenster Germanfest (April), and Dallas White Rock (December) to name a few. Several of the member have traveled to running events all over the country and the world.
- GIVE IT A TRY AT NO COST TO YOU – There is never a charge to come out and participate in one of our weekly group runs. Come run with us and get to know some of the other members. Can’t make it during our weekly group run times? No problem, participation in weekly group runs is not required for membership and there are plenty of other ways to be involved with the club.
- If you decide to join, annual membership is only $20/year for the whole household!
- You can also join or renew your membership online at RunSignUp.com using the link below:
For more information about the club please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.